|Countries invited||Guinea, Mauritania, The Gambia|
|Topic||National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSCP), Contingency Planning|
|Number of Participants||30|
The “SAMAREX 2019” oil spill deployment exercise is organised by the Senegalese authorities with the objective to test their National Oil Spill Contingency Plan in line with the recommendations edited by the International Maritime Organization. The « Haute Autorité chargée de la Coordination, de la Sécurité maritime, de la Sûreté maritime, et de la Protection de l’Environnement marin » (HASSMAR) invited the GI WACAF to attend as an observer.
The objectives are the following:
- To test in real life situation the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan of Senegal;
- To gather comments and observations from the various stakeholders attending;
- To analyse all the evaluation report and update the NOSCP accordingly;
- To train local and national authorities involved in the NOSCP to respond effectively to an oil spill; and
- To practice on several identified aspects related to oil spill response, such as crisis communication, boom deployment or shoreline response.