|Countries invited||Angola, Benin, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo|
|Topic||Legal and institutional aspects|
|Length in Minutes (approx)||90|
|Replay||Available - see below|
This live webinar with experts from the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Oil Pollution Compensation Funds (IOPC Funds) will be dedicated to the international legal framework, which governs many aspects of oil spill preparedness and response at the global and national levels.
At the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Understand the functioning of IMO as a regulatory body;
- Gain knowledge on the key conventions relating to the marine environment and oil spill preparedness and response;
- Understand the importance and basic principles of the transposition of international conventions into national law;
- Understand the OPRC Convention and its main dispositions;
- Understand the liability and compensation regime, the difference between tanker spills and non-tanker spills; and
- Gain knowledge on the functioning of the IOPC Funds.
Did you miss it? Watch the replay here!