|Countries invited||Angola, Benin, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo|
|Length in Minutes (approx)||90|
This third live webinar of the series is dedicated to oil spill contingency planning and presents the key aspects of contingency planning in preparedness and response to oil spills from different perspectives and viewpoints. For this webinar, we enjoy the company of leading international experts from Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL), the South African Maritime Safety Agency (SAMSA), and ExxonMobil Angola.
At the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders involved in contingency planning (national authorities, oil and gas industry and other industries);
- Gain knowledge on the main tools used in contingency planning such as Oil Spill Contingency Plans and National Oil Spill Contingency Plans;
- Gain an understanding of concrete implications of the OPRC Convention; and
- Gain knowledge on the challenges and successes faced when planning for oil spills through case studies shared by the experts.
Did you miss it? Watch the replay below or on our Youtube channel !
Download all webinar-related documents:
- Presentation #1: the GI WACAF Project
- Presentation #2: introduction to oil spill contingency planning (OSRL)
- Presentation #3: South Africa National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSP) and case study (SAMSA)
- Presentation #4: oil spill contingency planning in the oil and gas industry in Angola (ExxonMobil Angola)