|Countries invited||Angola, Benin, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo|
|Length in Minutes (approx)||90|
Once a pollution occurs, response becomes the priority. Responding to a marine oil spill with the adequate response techniques is paramount to ensure the best possible protection of the marine environment and coastal communities.
This live webinar is dedicated to shoreline response techniques and discusses the key technical aspects of these oil spill response techniques. For this webinar, we will enjoy the company of leading international experts from Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL), ITOPF and TRIOX Environmental Emergencies.
At the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the available response techniques during an oil spill reaching the shore and understand their key strengths and limits;
- Gain knowledge of the available decision-making tools when choosing between the different shoreline response techniques available, including SCAT (Shoreline Clean-Up & Assessment Technique); and
- Gain knowledge on the challenges and successes faced when responding to an oil pollution on the shore through case studies and lessons learned.
Did you miss it? Watch the replay below or on our Youtube channel !
Download all webinar-related documents:
- Webinar #5 program
- Presentation on the GI WACAF Project
- Presentation on SCAT
- Presentation on shoreline response techniques
- Presentation on a case study
- GI WACAF concept note
- Selection of ITOPF publications related to shoreline response techniques
- Selection of IPIECA publications related to shoreline response techniques