|Countries invited||Angola, Benin, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo|
|Topic||Liability and Compensation|
|Length in Minutes (approx)||60|
GI WACAF webinar series on oil spill preparedness and response continues with a sixth episode dedicated to the compensation claim process in case of an oil spill. For this webinar, leading international experts from IOPC Funds and ITOPF will introduce the admissibility criteria and present the economic losses, clean-up and environmental damages.
At the end of this 1-hour webinar, participants should be able to:
- Get a basic knowledge of the liability and compensation evaluation and settlement procedure, and
- Understand the claim assessment process and the various stakeholders engaged.
Did you miss it? Watch the replay below or on our Youtube channel !
Download all webinar-related documents:
- Webinar programme
- Presentation #1: the GI WACAF Project (GI WACAF)
- Presentation #2: admissibility criteria for compensation and the assessment of claims for economic losses (IOPC Funds)
- Presentation #3: clean-up and environmental damage claims (ITOPF)
- GI WACAF concept note
- IOPC Funds claims manual
- IOPC Funds tourism guidelines
- IOPC Funds clean up guidelines
- IOPC Funds environmental damage guidelines
- IOPC Funds example claim form
- IOPC Funds fisheries guidelines
- ITOPF TIP #15