|Topic||Oil spill response equipment|
This activity aims at providing technical assistance to the Togolese Authorities to:
- conduct an initial simple assessment of oil spill risk in Togo, and review of response tactics,
- define needs in terms of spill response equipment to be able to initiate the response to and mitigate the impacts of marine spills,
- develop an action plan regarding equipment purchase, storage and maintenance,
- outline a training programs for operators of equipment,
- draft the technical aspects of the Terms of Reference (for a purchasing process),
- identify possible changes, incurred by the procurement of this spill response equipment, to the national response plan (or “Plan POLMAR”).