|Countries invited||Angola, Benin, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo|
|Length in Minutes (approx)||60|
GI WACAF webinar series on oil spill preparedness and response continues with a second episode dedicated to waste management. For this webinar, leading international experts from DEMERI (for the French-speaking session) and TRIOX Environmental Emergencies (for the English-speaking session) present the different types of waste, the whole cycle (including the different phases) of waste management and the importance of planning and inclusion of a dedicated policy in the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSCP).
At the end of this 1-hour webinar, participants should be able to:
- Get an overview of the different aspects and phases of waste management following a marine oil spill;
- Understand the interdependence between clean-up strategies and waste minimization and management, and of the importance for decision makers and operational responders to plan in the early stages to control and manage waste during and after shoreline clean-up operations; and
- Understand the importance to have waste management policy and strategy in place beforehand as a vital component of any oil spill contingency plan.
Did you miss it? Watch the replay below or on our Youtube channel !
Download all webinar-related documents:
- Webinar programme
- Presentation on the GI WACAF Project (GI WACAF)
- Presentation on general principles and different types of waste (TRIOX)
- Presentation on the different phases in the cycle of waste management and the importance of planning and inclusion in the NOSCP (TRIOX)
- GI WACAF concept note
- Cedre guidance document on waste management
- IPIECA guidance document on waste management
- ITOPF Technical Information Paper 9 on waste management
- POSOW guidance document on waste management